Re: Workbench Construction Question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Workbench Construction Question
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 09:29:00 -0500
-> For disassembly, it doesn't matter. For assembly, it's almost
-> essential. (Don't bother telling me that you've been assembling
-> engines for years on the same piece of cardboard and never had
-> a problem - I've done assembly on a Masonite bench and lived
-> to tell about it, too. We're talking a perfect world here.)

 I know a couple of people who use steel-topped benches for engine
assembly.  They say they like wrestling engine blocks around.  I like
the convenience of an engine stand, even if I do hate having to bolt the
block to the stand.