RE: shop painting

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: shop painting
From: "Galen I. Lutz" <LUTGI@eng1mail.learjet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 98 16:42:00 PST
I painted my garage floor this summer with an epoxy made for concrete garage
floors, marketed by Sherwin-Williams.  The preparation consisted of a
degreaser followed by an etcher/degreaser, both bio-degradable.  I did mine
in two phases to minimize the inconvenience since there is a two week cure
time.  Also, the epoxy is a two-part mix, and whatever you don't use must be
discarded after 8 hours.  In this 8 hour period you can put on the second
coat.  It has been on for 7-8 months now and I am quite pleased.  I'll know
more in 7-8 years.  It sure is easy to wipe up leaked oil and transmission
fluid.

By the way, I painted the floor white, and like one of the other guys in
this thread, I use the broom more often, but it is really nice and bright
out there.  If I had to do it over, I would choose white again.

Galen