Re: Cheap workbench advice wanted.

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cheap workbench advice wanted.
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:39:23 -0400

>James Babcock wrote:
>> I picked up some info from my local Home Depot that says wood is
>> pressure treated with a solution of arsenic.
>
>Right.  That's why I'm looking for untreated.  I'll find 'em someplace.
>--
><mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
>                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG

I don't think you have to worry about the little bit of arsenic used in
treated lumber.  It's used extensively in all the decks and lawn furniture
/ children's play structures etc. where you come into intimate contact with
it.  Also if you remember back in the earlier part of this century people
actually ingested rather large amounts of arsenic (particularly women) to
keep their complexions light.  Now I'm not suggesting that we eat the stuff
again, but I think you are overly worried.  I have used it for many things
and have never had a problem (other than the uncontrollable twitching of
the left side of my face and numbness of my arm etc.)

Regards, Nils