Re: Homak brand toolchests?

To: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>,
Subject: Re: Homak brand toolchests?
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@inline-tech.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:33:59 -0700
>Does anyone have any experience with Homak brand tool chests and rollarounds?
>metal, but do not have ball bearing slide,have bolt-on handles and the support

  What do they have for drawer slides then if its not ball bearing ?  When
you get a drawer full of heavy tools how well do they open/close ?

  I generally buy the cheapest tools I can find, but there are exceptions.
Buy the best Air Impact money can buy and the cheapest other air tools you
can find.  And I didn't skimp on my tool chest either because theoretically
it will last me my entire life (the thing is 23 years old now and its good
for another 30 or 40 years).

  Thats just my thoughts on tools and tool chests, this thing if its built
halfway decent and if its a decent size will be the last chest you buy, you
might want to think how well built it is and its features for when the
drawers are full of heavy tools.  I am sure there are other ways of doing
drawer slides besides bearings that work very well, but bearings seem to be
the most reliable based on all the 20 to 30 year old chests I have seen.

        mike