Re: Homak brand toolchests?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Homak brand toolchests?
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:13:32 -0700

Guys,

Thanks for the opinions.  I will be stopping by Costco tonight to test
out the drawers with some batteries (I think they are only about an aisle
apart), but barring the thing falling apart, I think I am going to go
ahead and get one.  I'm just a weekend warrior, so I think the thing
should suffice.  It definitely is heavier gauage steel than the Craftsman
one I current have, but that one was scraping the bottom end of Craftsman's
line when I got got it.  Also helps that I just saw a couple of techs
at the local Acura dealer using them this morning....=8^)  About the
color; I suppose it's not bad, but it really, *REALLY* brings back
bad youthful memories of Smokey and the Bandit.....=;^)

As a sidenote, our house finally got finished, and I'm in the process
of setting up the nice, new, large garage.  I was planning on building
some shelves/cabinets for the garage, when I found a place in the
back of the local paper that sold overstocks of kitchen cabinets.  The
ones I got are of fairly wimpy quality (particleboard), but they cost
about what I could get the hinges for, so I took the chance.  Anyone
else outfitting a garage might want to try looking for such a place...

Mike

P.S.  I'm including this as a p.s., as I'm sure someone will shoot me
if I tried to start it as a new thread, but I wanted to get another opinion
on air compressors....  I'm pretty much narrowed down between 2 ~6+ hp,
60 gallon compressors.  One is $45 cheaper and puts out .5 cfm more @ 90
psi, but is oil-less.  The other one is oiled.  I can't see the .5 cfm
making much difference, but is the oiled design *THAT* much quieter and
longer lasting?  The store wasn't willing to fill it and start it up
to let me hear how loud it was.....  And what is the difference between
CFM and SCFM (I tend to think they are the same thing....).