frame off restoration

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, pre61-list@ford-trucks.com
Subject: frame off restoration
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 13:39 -0400 (EDT)
     I've thrown out this challange before and came up empty, so I'll try
     again.

     I'm doing a frame off build up of a 53 F-100 pickup.  Being a rookie,
     I'm learning as I go.  It would be nice to have a organized list of
     sequential steps that should/could be performed in such a project...
     It could save some of us some unnecessary work or expense....

     i.e.

     1. blast and clean frame
     2. front suspension changes
     3. rear suspension changes
     4. fab and install motor mounts/trans mount
     5. install drive line
     6  front/rear brake upgrades

     etc......

     and does paint come before wiring and plumbing ??  does interior work
     come after paint... is the glass the last step ??????

     Have any of you ever or would any of you ever consider putting a list
     together to help a rookie... We could do this as a group thing and put
     it out on the page for everyone's benefit.  I'd be glad to write the
     final list/article, but I need some educated input from the experts..

     TIA John