RE: frame off restoration

To: "'jniolon@uss.com'" <jniolon@uss.com>
Subject: RE: frame off restoration
From: "Barre, Matthew LCDR" <MBarre@comdt.uscg.mil>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 19:29:08 -0500
John,
I don't have a step by step plan, but will present a general guide.  I did a
frame off on my 71 TR6 and certainly did my share of back tracking.  Things
are going a little smoother on my 60 TR3A, but I don't claim to have any
pert chart type logic backing me up.  Worst case would be to have your
chassis freshly powercoated only to find you have to move a mount somewhere.

Watching the guys on Shadetree Mechanic put their hot-rod pick up together
sold me on the value of assembling your components just how you want them
and then taking it apart before doing your paint/coatings.

MRB