Re: frame off restoration

To: jniolon@uss.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: frame off restoration
From: "Hamish Hubbard (and Ode)" <ode@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 14:23:54 +1300
jniolon@uss.com wrote:
>      I'm doing a frame off build up of a 53 F-100 pickup.  Being a rookie,
>      I'm learning as I go.  It would be nice to have a organized list of
>      sequential steps that should/could be performed in such a project...
>      It could save some of us some unnecessary work or expense....

There are many ways to organise the work. On a restoration I have
started, I have made a chart of each of the car's major components
(i.e. electrical, suspension, interior, etc), breaking each
category down into separate parts, with headings
"dismantled" "cleaned" "inspected" "work to be done" "reassembled"

>      and does paint come before wiring and plumbing ??  does interior work
>      come after paint... is the glass the last step ??????

Yes to all the above, if you want the best result.

If you go to http://www.autorestorer.com there are several of
people's projects there. Some of them are highly organised and you
can use their ideas to plan your own restoration.

Hamish

--
Mini Cooper Web: http://www.mini.org/minirestoration/CooperWeb.html
Mini FAQ: http://www.mini.org/minirestoration/Technical/TechFAQ.html