Re: Heating a Garage

To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: Re: Heating a Garage
From: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 14:34:34 -0500
Eric Murray wrote:
> If your garage has poor insulation, consider fixing that first.

This is so true.  Keeping our garage warm has double benefit as the
master bathroom is right above.  Those tile floors get *COLD*.
Recently I've been improving just the sealing of the doors and it's
made a big difference.  I put some weather stripping between the
sections of door (conventional garage overhead door) then realized the
trim around the door wasn't sealing when the door was closed.  Taking
the trim off and repositioning it so that it actually seals has made a
huge difference, and I haven't even insulated the doors yet.  That's
the next project.

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator/Postmaster
     mailto:Heerschap@kns.com