Re: Craftsman Wrenches

To: "Randall" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Craftsman Wrenches
From: "zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:04:38 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Cc: shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 9:40 AM

> BTW, if the clerk observes "This tool has been abused", the correct
> response is "So ?".  The Craftsman guarantee does not exclude abuse,
> unless it's been changed in the last few years (and it can't legally be
> changed retroactively).  This is not true of Snap-on, MAC, etc.
>
> Randall
>
> Just wanted to relay an incident that happened at one of the Sears stores
here in Houston.  Since we live in a rather humid location tolls will tend
to rust, i.e. a brand new set of impact metric sockets I bought.  Started
rusting with in a week of purchase.  I was looking for a magnetic protractor
and the guy in front of me was trying to return a set of sockets and ratchet
that had rusted up in his tool box.  The clerk refused to exchange them,
saying that they had been neglected.  It didn't help that the clerk was a
woman and probably didn't know beans about tools to start with.

But her attitude toward this guy really sucked.  Good thing it wasn't me she
talked to that way, we would have had a confrontation with a store manager
present.
The question you have to ask yourselves Sears really not fulfilling their
guarantee or is it just the interpretation of a minimum wage clerk.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas