Re: Craftsman Wrenches

To: LBC286@aol.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Craftsman Wrenches
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:05:18 -0700
<LBC286@aol.com>  wrote:

> BTW, be aware that the click-type Microadjust torque wrenches from Craftsman
> only have a 1 year warranty.  Only the bar-type have the lifetime warranty.

Check again.  The Accuracy of the torque wrench is warrantied for one year.
the mechanics (the ratchet part and the handle) are warrantied for life like
any other hand tool.  I had to go through this with the once when the ratchet
part failed - and it's the only time I ever had trouble returning a Craftsman
tool, and I walked away with a new torque wrench.

I even had the "crystal" on my dial indicator break, and they replace it with a
new dial indicator...

Tim Mullen
Chantilly, VA