Re: The Ideal Shop HELP

To: Stan Fickes <fickes@acm.org>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Ideal Shop HELP
From: Dave Miles <davemiles2sonaz@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 23:47:57 -0700
Stan,

I have a wooden floor in my shop.  It was originally an addition to a
mobile home.  It is 12 x 24, with 3/4 inch plywood on 2x6 studs on
footing of concrete blocks.  This is not where I work on cars, I have an
attached (to the shop) carport for that.  I am putting in concrete in
the carport soon.  Anyway, the wood floor is great for mounting tools,
doing carpentry type work, but I would not choose it if I were starting
over.  I would do concrete, and then either tile or carpet(industrial
type) the floor.  I know others prefer various types of sealants but
this has worked for me here in the desert.  I don't know what problems
these might create where humidity is high.

HTH,

Dave Miles
Tucson, AZ