Re: OK, then...whose ratchets?

To: sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu (Scott Hall)
Subject: Re: OK, then...whose ratchets?
From: Chris Heerschap <heerscha@eng.kns.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 12:08:06 EST
> > Exactly... imagine my shock when I saw "Robo Grip" pliers in the Facom
> > catalog!  I knew Sears didn't make them, that's no shock... but to see
> > them in the Facom catalog certainly gave the design some credit. :)
>
> which catalog?  were they actual 'robo-grips' or a similar design?  by

Catalog "F96" (which I assume means 1996), page 190, "FACOM ROBO-GRIP"

Looks exactly like the Sears models but with red handles.

The Robo-Grip font is exactly the same, as well.

> that I mean I've seen 'robo-grips' for sale in home depot with home
> depot's name and colors on them, but they're the same tool, with the
> same lettering and even called the same name as in sears.  I'd be curious
> to see if facom is selling them too.  this means either facom is the
> original manufacturer, or they're all licensing production from some other
> party.  all of facom's stuff seems to be original.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of this.  They don't have any text on
them other than just basic information.

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator/Postmaster