Re: Blast Cabinets

To: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>, shop <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blast Cabinets
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:59:58 -0700
At 05:33 PM 7/11/2001 -0700, Stuart MacMillan wrote:

>As is always the case, I want/need more tools than I can afford, and the
>latest requirement is a blast cabinet big enough for LBC wheels.  New
>ones are pricey, and I am considering building my own from the kit and
>plans supplied by TIP Tools,
>http://tiptools.com/cabinets/parts/cab_kit_plans/build_your_own.html,
>but I figure that will cost about $400 and take a couple of weekends
>away from my other projects.

    I built the TIP cabinet, I love it, its amazing how many things I
actually use it for.  I thought I would use it once in a rare while so  I
didn't want to spend the money on buying one, I was wrong, I use it a
lot.    Anyway, it did take me an entire weekend to build, all the pieces
were cut on the first day and that took more than it should since I resized
it drastically from the plans.  The next day was spent sealing and final
assembly, it was not that time consuming.  If you build it according to
their plans without modifications, I think it could be done in 1 day.  The
best part about building it yourself is the ability to change the size to
suit your needs or space.  I was able to make the biggest thing possible to
fit in a particular space and if I had bought one I would have had to
settle for smaller.  I also think your$400 estimate is off, I don't think I
spent near that.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing ~~~~~~~and \/    \/  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                              .oooO  Oooo.
Bug Writer er...Programmer            (   )   (   )
                                                        \_)  (_/
              webmaster@b2systems.com
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car, then
take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/