RE: Blast Cabinets

To: "Stuart MacMillan" <macmillan@home.com>
Subject: RE: Blast Cabinets
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:54:05 -0500
Stuart,

I built my cabinet 7 years ago after buying my compressor.  It was
plagarized off of a cabinet my friend had built, but I made mine a bit more
"elegant", using 1x2" pine and 1/8" hardboard.  (my friends was done with
2x4 and 1/2 plywood).  It's light enough to move around my porch myself.

Cabinet area is a 2'x2'x2' cube.

Total cost?  approx $50, with the blast handle (Campbell Housefield) costing
$23.

In retrospect I would've used a few more tubes of construction adhesive to
seal all the corners solid before they got dusty, so it does leak a bit of
bead.  50lbs worth in the past 7 years.

Cheers,

Jim