Re: Blast Cabinets-Thanks!

To: shop <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blast Cabinets-Thanks!
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:00:32 -0700
Thanks for the comments!  I'm glad to see all the creativity here, as
well as hear from Mike who has built the TIP unit.

I think it is worth the time and cost, especially since I have 15 wheels
in need of blasting, not to mention numerous small parts!

If you get their "complete" medium cabinet kit it is $270 including
shipping, $40 for two sheets of 3/4" plywood, $20 for the steel angle
for the legs, and I estimate $70 for the other parts, such as mesh,
latches, hinges, paint, screws, caulk, etc. (this "nickel & dime" stuff
is what blows the budget!)

That adds up to $400.  This gives you a large "Cadillac" cabinet, and I
could cut some cost out by leaving out the light, foot pedal, paint,
etc., but I tend to do things all the way when I start a project.
Creating family heirlooms and all, you know!

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia