Masonite

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Masonite
From: nogera@juno.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:48:18 -0600
I have had " Masonite" recommended to me  as a good product to use for
the backing on a car interior.  Happy to find a solution to my quest I
stopped in my tracks when I realized that while I have heard about
"Masonite " all my life I have never seen anything actually labeled
"Masonite". I've always thought of it as that dark brown press board with
a shiny side and a matt side that comes in 4X8 sheets.
Question : What is Masonite ?  ( am I right about the brown board?)

and for  Extra Credit:  will it work well as a Door panel or does it warp
??

Bob