Any ideas?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Any ideas?
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 07:53:21 -0500
I don't know if anyone remembers a bunch of months ago I was asking about
welding tables.
Well, yesterday, I picked one up at a milling shop.  Cost was- "get it out
of here".  So, I got a truck and pulled it out.
Now, here is the problem.

The table top and base are 2 separate pieces.  The top is 6'X5' X1-1/2"
steel.  By my calculations (steel is 489lbs / cubic foot?)  I'm guessing
the top is around 1500-2000 lbs.  Now, the base is in place in my shop.
The table top is on mover dollies next to it.  So my question is...

Does anyone have any idea how to raise the table about 3' and slide it on
the base?  (note, I can't lift it from the ceiling and my back hoe can't
fit into the shop.)

I was thinking about using the old rigger's "jack and stack" method.  Where
you raise one side a little bit, then brace it and move to the other side.
Keep doing this until you get up to the right height.  This will work, but
once I have it at the height, how do I slide it over the base without
collapsing the braces?  I plan on greasing the base so the top will slide
on it better.

So any ideas?

Thanks a ton for any help!  (literally!) 8>)

Inch

MailTo:epetrevich@relavis.com

///
///