Re: Any ideas?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any ideas?
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:39:45 -0500
Sorry, I guess I should have stated more facts.

First, the base is just under a ton itself.  It's way overbuilt
(under-engineered).  It could hold 4 times the amount of table I need, but
it would be a shame to throw it away.

The roof in the welding shop is at 8" so overhead clearance is limited.

I don't know anyone in the cemetery bus, but I'm going to make a few phone
calls!  Yes, I can back a small truck in the shop, but all the guy I know
in the wrecker business use roll backs.  I wouldn't be able to turn it one
I picked it up however.  Also, I still have about 10" of snow on the ground
(which is now getting soft) so the only thing that can drive back there is
4X4.

Thanks for the help

Inch
MailTo:epetrevich@relavis.com

                    JNiolon@uss.c

                    om                   To:     epetrevich@relavis.com

                                         cc:     shop-talk@autox.team.net

                    01/15/01             Subject:     Re: Any ideas?

                    08:11 AM

Eric,

How bout some detail on how the base is constructed...  would it be easier
to raise the top and slide the base under it ???
could you put some temp legs under the corners and slide the base in ???
How bout just fabbing us a new base ???
How much head clearance do you have above the table ???  Can you rig an
A-frame over the base and raise it that way ???

Do you know someone in the cemetary vault business... they have a neat
wheeled aframe that they use to lower vaults into the ground... motorized
and with movable chain hoists ???    Can you back a vehicle into the
shop??? Got a friend with a wrecker  ???

More details, man ???

john

///
///