Re: Cutting paver blocks

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cutting paver blocks
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:25:37 -0400
I have used a masonry blade in a circular saw, scored about 1/4" all around
then used a masonry chisel. I'd expect about 25% waste due to breaks 'off
the mark'.

I bought a small 'wet saw' from Home Depot for ~ $100.00 US. Looks like a
small table saw with a reservoir for water. The blade spins in the pool of
water. The purpose was to cut ceramic tile but it also works OK for cutting
pavers (BTDT). Nice clean cut or score deeply & break. It is not as fast as
a large wet saw, you need to cut about 1/4 - 1/2" at a time. Much less dust
than the masonry saw in a circular saw.

Eric