Re: Cutting paver blocks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cutting paver blocks
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 09:53:08 -0500
Looking online I saw suggestions for using a masonry blade in a circular
saw.  Is this the best route?  If so, do I cut completely through the block
or only score it on one side (or both) and whack it with the hammer?  Cut
wet or dry?

Thanks for the help.

-Aric Datesman.

In the past I've used a diamond blade..not the abrasive type... it's a flat
metal blade with diamond impregnated blocks on each side of the blade...
check with Home depot or Your Dewalt/B&D dealer for one.. they are around
20 bucks and do a good job..  I found them also at the Dewalt dealer on the
bargain table for 9.99 each...  use them dry in a circular saw... wear eye
and hearing protection... and a dust mask will be a welcome addition...
lots of fine dust...they will cut thru a 2" paver with no problem...  If
you have many to do it might be worth finding a wet saw for rent if you can

john

///