Re: Another electrical question

To: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another electrical question
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:46:29 EST
In a message dated 11/1/01 12:26:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jmark.vanscoter@amd.com writes:

> That certainly is the norm for a woodworking shop, but if you are dealing
> with flames or heat (torch, welders, grinder, etc.) is would screw 5/8"
> drywall over the plywood. Do not tape or over the screws, leave it so it
> could removed.
>
> The advantage of the plywood walls is that you can not easily poke a hole
> in it, and you can attach shelves, etc., anywhere.
>
> Placing the thick drywall over it dramatically increases the fire
> resistance. With the wood still underneath, it is still difficult to punch
> holes in the wall, and you can still install shelves, etc.

Good suggestions to keep in mind.

When my kids were growing up, I thought seriously about plating the walls in
the house with metal sheets.  1/4" stainless steel plates would be
sufficient.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget