Re: Retractable air hose reels

To: ken.landaiche@nokia.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Retractable air hose reels
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:29:03 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/02 6:08:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ken.landaiche@nokia.com writes:

> The web seems to think that $50 is very cheap for a hose reel, thought most
> were longer than 25'.
>
> What are your experiences with these machines?

- - - - - - - - - -

No experience yet, but I will be looking for this stuff shortly.  My garage
is progressing nicely.

Check www.homier.com.  They list a reel (Magnum Air?) with a 50' length of
3/8" hose with 1/4" NPT fittings for $39.99.  I don't know what quality the
hose is, but it's probably the finest hose China has to offer.

They also list an empty reel for 100' of hose.  The reel alone is $9.99 (plus
shipping, void where prohibited :-)  Add their 100' Heavy Duty air hose for
$15.99 and you are still in the "cheep" range.

I just placed an order for two of their storage bin racks.  $20 for 24
plastic bins, 11" X 3 1/2", on a 3 row, metal rack.  Sounds like just the
ticket.

I would avoid electrical tools that are no-brand.  $6 for a 3/8" electric
drill is a bit too cheep for my taste!  They do have DeWalt factory recon
tools.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget