Re: Retractable air hose reels

To: <ken.landaiche@nokia.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Retractable air hose reels
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:29:10 -0500
From: <ken.landaiche@nokia.com>

> I was in Home Depot this morning looking at their Campbell Hausfeld 25'
retractable air hose reel, $50. I almost bought it, then thought I'd check
the web and ask you Shoppers what you thought of it.

> The web seems to think that $50 is very cheap for a hose reel, thought
most were longer than 25'.

25' is too short for me unless I suspend it from the ceiling in the middle
of the shop.  Which might be a good idea anyway, now that I think about it.

I thought I saw a 50" live reel for 50 bucks at Menard's.

I have been using the heavy rubber air hose on a "dead" reel which is really
the real portion of a broken garden-hose cart.  I just mounted the hub to
the wall of my shop.  Downside:  I need to take the hose completely off the
reel and quick-connect to the compressor.  Upside:  It was essentially free,
and I can wind up 50 feet of heavy hose very quickly.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org