Impact Wrenches

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Impact Wrenches
From: "Eric" <eric@megageek.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:47:10 -0400
OK, I need an impact wrench that can do serious damage. (and quick)

A quick search of Harbor Freight's site gives me quite a choice...

http://www.harborfreight.com/  (search on "impact wrench")

My question is that one of the guns, boast "450 lbs of torque" (item
2065-6vga)  But only costs $69.99.

The rest of the guns in that range cost over $100.

Is this rating another one of our statistics to be corrupted by marketing
hype?  Or am I to believe that Central Pneumatics has found a cheaper way
to manufacture an impact gun?

I'm looking for the most torque (read at least >400lbs) for between $100
and $200 bucks.

Home Depot has a model rated at 500lbs for $119

Does anyone have any other recommendations?  Or should I try the $70
special?  (FWIW, I already have a gun that doesn't cut the mustard and
it's going on sale at my yard sale this weekend.)

TIA

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?"
R Waters.