Re: Impact Wrenches

To: eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Impact Wrenches
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:33:05 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/02 10:49:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
eric@megageek.com writes:

> I'm looking for the most torque (read at least >400lbs) for between $100
> and $200 bucks.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I just got a Sears Craftsman catalog and they have the 600lb/ft (off
direction, 450 on direction) and it's on sale right now.  AFAIK, this is the
strongest available in a 1/2" impact wrench.  This particular model is
manufacutred by Ingersoll Rand, and it looks identical to their IR2131, which
is $185 at Harbor Freight.  I think the price at Sears was about $160.  That
would be my choice, without question.  (Esp. since my son works at Sears and
gets another 10% off!)

Allen Hefner
Philadelphia Region SCCA RoadRally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport