Re: angle grinder?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: angle grinder?
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:03:36 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 JNiolon@uss.com wrote:
> hope that helps...  I'm sure the real experts will give you some more good
> information..  this is just from my experience..

A couple things in addition to that good info...

You can buy metal cut-off discs that work in an angle grinder.  For what
you described, these are ideal.  Just cut the thing off, then use the
grinder to smooth out the leftover weld.

In terms of what to buy...  I've got two black & decker cheapo 4.5"
grinders, along with a makita 4.5".  The makita is definately a better
grinder, but the B&D's work reasonably well and are pretty cheap ($50?).

Mark