Re: ready to remove security system with small explosives...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ready to remove security system with small explosives...
From: Brian Lynfatt <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 07:45:43 -0500
Do a search on the web for the model or brand name. The squawking is
usually a door chime 'feature' that can usually be disabled. Also if it
looks like you have a PBX type system, sometimes you might have to
cycle the power at the main unit when you disconnect a phone line. Home
Depot or Lowes sells the toner that can be used to trace the circuits.
I borrowed a toner set from my office to hook up my second line. It was
kinda' interesting at the time to find that a single phone cable was
stretched between all the roooms in the house. I was expecting multipe
lines from the demarc or a junction box somewhere in the attic.

Brian
brian.lynfatt@eds.com