Lug nuts

To: Team shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lug nuts
From: "Brian C. Kennedy" <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:49:10 -0400
The local Discount Tire store lost the "key" for the lug nuts on my '96
Mustang Cobra and they tell me they will "burn" the lock nuts off and
replace them with an after market set. I can't replace the key because I
can't find the little piece of paper that you need for that and the dealer
says the key isn't tracked by VIN number.

I could leave it on a downtown street in Detroit and I'm sure the wheels
would be off in no time, but then the car would be gone any way. I don't
have any connections with the Detroit car thieves, so I wondered if anyone
knew of a less drastic method for removing the lock nuts.

Brian