RE: Auto Scanners

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Auto Scanners
From: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:03:33 -0400
I have the Proscan software and the adapter box which I've used on a 98 and 02
VW and 05 Subaru (mostly the VWs of course ;-)

http://www.myscantool.com/

I bought it when there was a sale over a year ago, and just checked they are
still running a July 4th sale.  Since I bought it, they upgraded the software
from ver 2.x to 4.0a which I've used recently on some family's cars.

I like it alot and would recommend it very much.

If you're local to the Philadelphia suburbs, let me know, maybe I can give you
a test drive of the software.

PJ

> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:23:34 -0400> From: hoerni@cooper.edu> To:
shop-talk@autox.team.net> Subject: Auto Scanners > > > I know this topic has
been discussed here before, but I can't remember any> of the advice. :(.> >
What's a good scan tool for automobiles?   The current pressing need is for>
an OBD II car ('01 Subaru Outback), but I also have a '91 Nissan 240SX and> a
'91 Vette (computer at least, the engine is in an El Camino)> > I'd like to
get something that can read codes and reset the Check Engine> Light for OBD II
at a minimum.  After that, I'd like something that could> do the other cars,
and finally it would be nice if it could also connect to> a PC (I'd even be
interested in stuff that only works with a PC - i.e. no> internal screen)> >
Sears currently has a couple of sale: the Actron Autoscanner  CP9135> (Sears
PN 47059) and the EQUUS 1003   (Sears Part # 20895).  iThe EQUUS has> a USB
connector but neither mention working with OBD I.> > Thanks,> > Tim
Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care
about in one place.
http://www.live.com/getstarted