Re: Auto Scanners

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Auto Scanners
From: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:07:41 -0400
I don't think I paid that much for the Proscan tool.  I think the sale was
$99 for the license (free upgrades and support) plus maybe another $50 for
the adapter.  You can create vehicle profiles, do real-time data logging of
vehicle sensors (been very helpful for me - may have actually paid for
itself in this regard), clear codes, etc.

My Dad has an Actron unit, and while it's a quick and dirty way to clear
codes, it leaves alot to be desired once you compare it to the pc-based
units.

PJ