Re: 4 light hi-beams

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4 light hi-beams
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 05:26:43 -0700 (PDT)
> There are two more identical holes in the
> dam where driving lights (with appropriate wiring and relays would be added)
> could be added if I  could find something higher than 55 watt (which is
> basically useless) that would fit the openings...

While Daniel Stern is the guy that most will send you to for "lighting on
the Internet", and he does a lot of good stuff for people who are still
running sealed beams, I prefer to give my business to

Name:        David Hueppchen
Company:     OJ Rallye
Address:     PO Box 540
             Plymouth, WI 53073
Phone:       (920) 893-2531
E-mail:      dhueppchen@excel.net

David's an old fart like us. He recently broke his wrist, so his
email response isn't very good - but call him and he'll talk your
ear off. He might even tell you something useful about lighting - tell
him I sent you.

Susquehanna  Motorsports, http://www.rallylights.com/, is another
good source for lighting, especially Hella.

You might check out your "useless accessory lights" and see if they
have aiming adjustments. Most do, and most have never been aimed
(see http://www.dimebank.com/Light-up.html#aiming for my
aiming screed).

I agree that US beam patterns typically throw too much light up
instead of out.  Aiming your headlights might help. On the car I
usually drive at night on twist roads, I'm running 100/55 H4 bulbs
(two bulb system) aimed considerably higher than the factory left
tham (but not high enough to dazzle). With a four-pot system, you
have even more conrol of where your highs are sending their photons.

chirs