Re: 4 light hi-beams

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4 light hi-beams
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:52:11 -0700 (PDT)
> There are multiple ways of doing this. The three that I've seen are
> using a relay like you posted. Rerouting some ground wiring to the
> lights, and completely replacing the wire harness using lower guage
> wire and connectors. (most expensive)

Beware of cars that switch the ground! A stupid idea, but they're out there.

rallylights.com and Painless Wiring have some kits with the appropriate
connectors that "just" plug into the existing headlamp connector for
a few bulb types. Then you mount the associated relay and fuse and
provide power.

Not idiot proof, and not always beautiful, but effective.