removing god-awful deodorizer smell?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: removing god-awful deodorizer smell?
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 21:37:15 +0000
since you people seem to know everything else...

I just bought a new (to me) car.  the dealer seems to have hosed down the
entire interior with what might be armor-all, or it might be some sort of
deodorizer.  I can't tell, all I know is that I can't stand to sit in the thing
and my clothes reek of it after I get out of the car.  it's been a week, and
it's not dissipating.  the windows and sunroof stay open.

what's strange is that it comes and goes, or else I notice it less at times.
just now I couldn't stand to sit in the car, other times it's barely
noticeable.  I'm planning to rub down the seats (again), this time with
something like hide food, and have the carpet steam cleaned.  go over the dash,
etc. with some sort of cleaner.

the question is: what?  anybody have this issue before?  my wife prefers not to
get in the car at all, and it's not very useful under the current conditions.

thanks.

scott