Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 17:24:20 -0700
At 07:25 PM 9/2/2007 -0400, FRED E THOMAS wrote:
> >I found a suitable flexible hose at Home Depot for a
> > lot less than the one TIP sells.
>======================================================================================================
>Doug, not sure how often you use your compressor or at what pressure you
>might take it up too, but this is a area where "price" should never come
>into the project, if you have ever been around when a air line blew you'll
>understand better  "FT"

Did I miss something here?  We're talking rubber with steel braid?
Maybe 3 feet long?

It'll make a loud "Pssst" noise and wiggle around a bit won't it?
Then it'll stop wiggling and go "whoosh" until you turn it off?

I've never seen a hard line break but we'd occasionally drop something
hot and/or heavy on those 1? inch hoses when I was a helper back in
the pipeline days and it's like a fighter with a pretty good punch and a
30 foot reach but no control.  You might get hit but probably not.

About as scary as a grease pit half full of carbon monoxide.