Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 01:56:25 +0000
From: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>

> Doug, not sure how often you use your compressor or at what pressure you
> might take it up too, but this is a area where "price" should never come
> into the project, if you have ever been around when a air line blew you'll
> understand better  "FT"

You know, I hear that all the time.  I was about 10 feet from a pvc air line
when it blew once.  made a big pop, and that was it.  no shrapnel to speak of.
my co-worker was about three feet from it, nothing on him.

now, yeah, I wouldn't plan to do it, and my lines will all be cast iron when I
do the new garage, and yeah, I'll be spending the extra to eliminate any chance
of issues...but I'm like that.  It's probably more likely he'd be struck by
lightning--twice--than be hurt by the air hose.