Re: [Shop-talk] Wholesale Auto Parts

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wholesale Auto Parts
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:36:41 -0400
Steven Trovato wrote:
> I think you give this guy too much credit.  He probably would have over
> tightened the belt anyway.  Sometimes it seems that malicious intent is
> the only logical explanation, but don't underestimate plain old
> incompetence!

No, I wish, but I'm quire sure it was intentional.  The guy had a BIG bad
attitude towards me.  Not sure what set it off, but I wish I'd just taken the
car somewhere else.  Maybe he didn't like "dang furuhn' cars" or resented the
fact I was a kid working a shirt & tie job (slinging computer code for a huge
$12/hr) or he was just that ticked I suggested screwing him out of $1 profit on
that belt.

Best I can figure from google maps, it was on Henry or Jefferson Ave in
Middletown, Oh.

There's slightly overtightened, but this way way beyond.  Even after the water
pump's bearings turned to dust, and the shaft was sticking out at a few degrees
relieving some tension, the belt was still stretched like a rubber band.  They
had to have one guy with a massive pry bar leaning on it while another
tightened the bolts.

  -Wayne