Re: [Shop-talk] Trying to get tree stumps to rot

To: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, "Brian Warrick"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trying to get tree stumps to rot
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:19:01 -0500
Or check out how much it will cost to have a "stump grinder" do the job. My
initial reaction to "$125 per hour/ time off the trailer
to time on the trailer" was "a lot". However his 90hp diesel self propelled
grinder did more in 45 minutes than I would care to do
in a day with a rental. Not as much fun to watch as it might have been to
operate, but still a pretty good deal.

On the other hand, you do have 5 years to wait so maybe watching stumps rot
might be the better long term solution.

Arvid

From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>