Re: [Shop-talk] Trying to get tree stumps to rot

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trying to get tree stumps to rot
From: "Brian Warrick" <bwarrick@conveyorengineering.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:36:10 -0600
On the ones I already tried to "rot" out, I did drill a series of holes
with a 1" spade bit and 3/4" drill.

These particular stumps are approx 12" diameter.

I have it already flush cut so I can just mow over it.  I am just
looking for suggestions of things to make it rot faster.  I figure that
when the shop gets built that there will be a backhoe there anyway and
if I have accelerated the rotting process, it should pop right out.  I
will drill the holes in these as well.

I hadn't thought of making sure it was totally dead.  The stumps do seem
to live for a couple of years after cutting off the rest of the tree.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Brian