Re: [Shop-talk] Trying to get tree stumps to rot

To: <ericm@lne.com>, "'Brian Warrick'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trying to get tree stumps to rot
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 18:02:26 -0400
If the roots don't go under your shop there is an alternative.....take an ax
and chop a dish in the stump and fill it with charcoal. As the depression
enlarges add more charcoal. Just fire it up every time you work in the shop.
Eventually, it will start burning the roots under ground. Quit when it gets
as low as you want. If you want to make it happen faster, get out the leaf
blower and really get it burning.  It might take months, but it is easier
and cheaper than getting a guy with a stump cutter