Re: [Shop-talk] garage heating, electric vs. gas

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] garage heating, electric vs. gas
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:20:10 -0700
McMaster-Carr sells a variety of "quartz electric" heaters. I have one
of the 1896K61 units hooked to one branch of a DPST thermostat, with
wiring in place for another one (on the other branch).

Works for me, but I'm in northern California. I keep the thermostat set
to around 55 and am mostly worried about condensation. The heater is
aimed at the "machine shop" portion of the garage. It takes a while to
heat the entire space if I want it warmer.