Re: [Shop-talk] garage heating, electric vs. gas

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] garage heating, electric vs. gas
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:18:19 -0400
I want to jump in here with a possible different direction.

I have a 2500 sq ft building (yes, that is right) for my garage.  I put
radiant floor in when I poured the floor, then I blew in insulation on the
walls and loose cellulose on the ceiling.

I heat the water from my existing house's oil furnace.  I keep the garage
at 55 degs, all winter long (NJ winters.) But here is the amazing part...
The oil use to the house hasn't changed noticeably!

That's right, 3 years later and my oil company has not adjusted my degree
day rating and I'm right about where I should be with oil use.

So, I would recommend you to look for a possibly of retro'ing a radiant
floor in the space if possible.

Moose

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos