Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical fire waiting to happen

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical fire waiting to happen
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:24:05 -0700
 In my case the house is knob-and-tube which because there has not been
a fire I assume is in ok condition.  After the new panel is in, I will
start replacing all of it as quickly as possible.  Current plan is to
tear out the plaster in the kitchen and what will be my office and one
bathroom and while the walls are bare, rewire those right away along
with termite repair.  Then its one room at a time until all the wiring
is replaced over the next few  months (hopefully not more than 6-9
months total).

 During this time the new garage will be built (oh yeah!!!).

 All that is left to decide is which electrician and  300 or 200 amp
main and get the permits started, work can start on July 15 and we want
to move in first week of August.

    mike