Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:41:42 -0600
Dremels...

I had one I used for years and finally burnt out the motor controller on it.
The replacement lasted about a year, and had water drip on it while I was
using it.  That one was instantly toast.  The one I have now is a "Craftsman"
branded "Dremel" - it came in a nice case with lots of storage for the bits,
and the sale price was good.

I find the "Dremel" to be very useful and use it all the time.  I also have
die grinders, cutoff tools, etc. and they all have their time and place.

However, I also bought an air powered "Dremel" from Harbor Freight when it was
on sale for around $15.  It is very handy.  No worries about it getting wet
and frying.  It doesn't get hot if it's used for a long time (it actually gets
cooler the more you use it).  Not as much power as a regular Dremel, but it's
very light and handy.  It even has variable speed.  Highly recommended.

Tim Mullen