Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:00:41 -0600
Most everything I could say about my Dremel (15 years old, variable speed, and
one of the handiest tools I own) has already been said, with one exception: I
have found the optional flexible shaft to be incredibly useful.  It allows me
to get into even tighter spaces and makes the tool even more useful.  In fact,
the chuck on my Dremel broke a few months ago and I just keep the flex shaft
on it permanently now.

Jim

> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:55:47 -0500
> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
> From: rbeels@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder
>
> They're useful for what they do.  I have a B&D version - bigger
> motor.  Not as big as the Foredom but not as expensive either.  Don't
> kid yourself and try to exceed its capabilities, you'll frustrate the
> hell out of yourself.  But if you want/need something for the smaller
> stuff, they're a great tool.
>
> Variable speed & hand/screw-tightening of the collet are the 2 most
> important "features", IMO.  Cordless is a waste because the weight of
> the battery throws off the handling of the tool.
>

> At 12/11/2008 at 10:44, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Eugene D
> Abbondelo's keyboard and said:
> >I'm considering buying one of the mini die grinder kits with accessories
made
> >by Dremel. Never had one before. Anyone on the list found them useful?  If
so,
> >any recommendations on particular models to look at?  Pros & cons?
Thanks,