Re: [Shop-talk] more water heater

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] more water heater
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:40:23 -0500
Hi John & All,

<snip>
> I had a hell-of-a time trying to sweat the fittings as the cutoff valve in
> the yard,
> and the existing ones at the hot water leaked.
>
> This was before I learned the bread trick.
>
> John

    Of course you could be really wacko like I was - I used my oxy-acetylene
torch to solder up some fittings - amazing how the extra heat vaporized the
water faster than it collect and suck away the heat.  Of course I had to
balance that with not melting the copper or overheating the solder but it
worked for me.

    Great discussion!

Mark Watson
1956 Daimler Regency Mk II '104' <-- long term resto project
1965 Ford Falcon <-- shorter term (I hope!) repair project
various other transportation pods