Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 19:54:06 -0400
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> A 'normal' box-end wrench generally has the handle attached at the top of
> the box section, so that some fraction of the wrench sticks out like a
> socket does. B Eg, the RH side of
> http://tinyurl.com/2enreg8
>
> What I'm looking for is a ratcheting wrench that has a similar offset.
> Anyone know of something like that?
>
> The situation is a nut on a stud, with only about 1/2" clearance from the
> end of the stud to a nearby frame member. B The nut holds a flanged plate,
> where the flange sticks up to cover about 2/3 of the nut, so an ordinary
> "flat" GearWrench doesn't get a very good grip. B An ordinary box end
wrench
> will work, but is somewhat tedious ... Ok, I'm getting lazy in my old age!
>
> So far, this is all I've come up with:
> http://tinyurl.com/24eflsk
> which would do, but I'm hoping the listerati will know of some
alternatives.

Will
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=4943&group_ID=5
40&store=&dir=catalog

(Wrench, Ratcheting box, 25 degree offset)

or
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=68064&group_ID=
17479&store=&dir=catalog

Wrench, Combination, Flank Drive Plus, Ratcheting Box

Sears sell equivalents, but it's easier to find things on snap-on's
site, since I know part numbers...

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com