Re: [Shop-talk] Salvage title vehicles

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Salvage title vehicles
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:31:14 -0400
On 7/26/2010 7:46 PM, Douglas Braun wrote:
> The classical problem here is that somebody needs a car to get a job,
> so they will have the money to pay for the car.
> Sort of the same reason businesses need to borrow money.

Yeah, that's the problem I see too.  A "reasonable" amount of debt is
sort of a necessary evil, unless you're "old money".

Trap I got into as a kid was:  Buy beater.  Jeopardize job & income with
all too frequent break-downs and absences.  Pay someone else big bucks
for towing and repairs (living in an apt at the time, with no place to
work, and auto repair skills not developed.)  After four years, have a
deep money pit of a clunker with over 200K miles, ZERO resale, and cash
outlays that could have been paying off a loan on something that was
RELIABLE and would still have residual value.

-Wayne

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive