Re: [Shop-talk] Salvage title vehicles

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Salvage title vehicles
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:38:56 -0400
On 7/26/2010 1:12 PM, Dan Kroninger wrote:
> I am with you, I have had 3 civics and have loved every one of them.  They are
> a bit more to get into price wise, but you will pay way more in the long run
> on an American car.  They just seem to be made better, in my opinion.

And if you are into the "Buy American" thing, the Civic is built in Ohio.
Suprisingly, it looks like the Cavaliers are, too.  Was guessing the econo-box
Chevys were Mexican.

> I don't know if a car fax report would show the type of damage that the car
> had or anything like that, but you may want to request that the seller orders
> one.  Also look at any records for the car, police report, etc.  If they do

The car-faxes I've seen don't detail damage.  They just list "Major damage" vs
"Light damage" or something.  Think it's just based on a ballpark number from
the police report.

-Wayne

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96