Re: [Shop-talk] Electronic trailer brakes

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electronic trailer brakes
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:22:27 -0400
Steve asks...

"BTW, what kind of controllers are you running in your trucks?"

Well actually that is a funny question.  Over the past month, I've added
controllers to my truck and my dad's truck (he often uses the boat trailer
and wants to be able to use my car trailer) and I removed a Drawtite
control from a used mason dump that I bought.  I wasn't sure of how well
it was working.  It seem to have a continuos 12v to the brake actuating
wire.

I used "Reliable" brand controller.  The reason is that it has some of the
nicest mounting possibilities (it doesn't need to be inline with the
direction of travel of the vehicle.)  They are sold by Tractor Supply, etc
(but i found the best price at Wally World.)

On my dad's truck I used a higher end model I got from the local auto
parts store.  I can't remember the brand, but it was about 150% more than
the ones I got for my trucks.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html